I may ramble so bear with me. Very exciting day today. We took Amelia to get her loaner hearing aids from GA Pines and you could tell a difference from moment one. As you can see she in the video she kind of pauses, loses her hand from her mouth, and then looks around...kind of like "hey who turned on the sound!" She was then taken into the sound booth and had a response! She looked to her back right 4 seperate times with different noises. Very pround papa : )It was a very rewarding day and relieving day given all of the stress Scarlett and I have had lately. I know there will still be a lot of hard times and stress ahead but today was one small step towards Amelia's world of sound and speech. Once again thanks to all those who are helping in every facet. Will post Colin and Kendall's response later they too are just as excited to see her in her aids as we were. Wish us luck that we will get good news from Babies Can't Wait on Friday and that they will begin covering her now rather than them waiting till her speech is delayed to cover us. We also had good news from a friend who works at CHOPS (Childrens Healthcare of Philly) who helped assist us in getting an appointment to see Dr. Todd at Egleston moved up a month! You all are welcome to come over and talk with her anytime : ) I promise she will now listen!
Reading that and seeing her literally brought tears to my eyes!!! Amelia, we are so happy for you :) Can't wait to talk with you!
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear! I am glad you guys are finding the resources you need.
ReplyDelete