Let Georgia Hear- I heart my Hearing Aids Campaign

Let Georgia Hear- I heart my Hearing Aids Campaign

Monday, February 20, 2012

3 types of Love






There are many types of love. Love you find for yourself-Valentine's day was this week. Love for your favorite things/memories-The family just went roller skating, that will take you back to childhood. Love for your children- Disability day was this week at the captiol.
The first type of love is what I call, "love for thyself". Love that you seek for yourself in a companion/spouse/lovemate:). I believe you are destined to meet people all along the walk of life and that you can fall in love many times. I believe that each of them come into your life for a reason. Sometimes those reasons are to teach, to make you better, to lift you up, and to tear you down. You cannot appreciate the light if you have never been in the dark. I feel that it is important for people to be open to love even if they have been hurt before. The song "please help me I am falling" by Slim Whitman has been in my head lately. It was my grandma's favorite song. I can hear her singing it in the car now. It is a great love song...listen to it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Ql4vjC_ws
The second type of love is "love of memories". We all have those favorites: Favorite songs, hobbies, places to visit. Peter and I have talked about how we don't always remember the presents we got for holidays, but we remember those family trips, those birthday parties, those events in time. We should tie love to experiences and people not things.
The third type of love is "love for a child". A group of us parents took the kids down to the capitol on Thursday for Disability Day. Amelia and her classmates from the Atlanta Speech School got their pictures with Representative Edward Lindsay. This is all dealing with the Let Georgia Hear initative. We want insurance companies to cover hearing aids for kids. Love for a child is the strongest kind of love. It makes you push yourself to the limit, it makes you stand up and fight, it makes you drop to your knees just to receive those sweet kisses. It is the most powerful love and I get to witness it everyday by watching my friends with their kids. The song, "LoveSong" by the Cure makes me think of my kids. lyrics:

whenever i'm alone with you you make me feel
like i am home again. whenever i'm alone with
you, you make me feel like i am whole again.

whenever i'm alone with you you make me feel
like i am young again. whenever i'm alone with
you you make me feel like i am fun again.


however far away i will always love you. however
long i stay i will always love you .whatever
words i say i will always love you. i will always
love you.


whenever i'm alone with you you make me feel
like i am free again. whenever i'm alone with
you you make me feel like i am clean again.


however far away i will always love you. however
long i stay i will always love you. whatever
words i say i will always love you. i will always
love you .

May you find all 3 of these types of love. Find love for yourself, give love to your children, and love life's memories.
Scarlett- pictures are from Amelia's valentine party at school, disability day, and family skating.

No comments:

Post a Comment