This week is one of those weeks where good triumps over evil, where voices are being heard, and where dreams are materializing. Change is in the air.
My friend Kara (Amelia's best friend Ava's mom) has been battling a state agency. The business she is a part of, SoulShine, has had to jump through ridiculous hoops. Since when does the government get to tell us what our vision and beliefs need to be. This week they got to reopen their after-school program so I went to see it. Ava also got to visit Amelia's class at speech school today as well. (pic attached)
Last night Let Georgia Hear launched the website. When I opened the website I unexpectedly started crying. It was like someone saying, I heard you and I agree with you...IT'S NOT RIGHT THAT INSURANCE COMPANIES DO NOT PAY FOR HEARING AIDS FOR KIDS. This bill will change our lives and others. Amelia and Colin are both on the website so that is added bonus:) www.letgeorgiahear.org
Scarlett
No comments:
Post a Comment