Let Georgia Hear- I heart my Hearing Aids Campaign

Let Georgia Hear- I heart my Hearing Aids Campaign

Thursday, August 18, 2011

1st day at Toddler Class-Atl. Speech School




Today was the day that I have worried about for a year. I did not know how I was going to balance everything and get Amelia to school but today it happened. I was even early...the commute into Atlanta was only 35 min!!! She will go Tues-Friday 9:00am to 11:20am. She has 5 kids in her class and 2 teachers. Last year we spent time in the baby class which helped Amelia learn to listen. The toddler class will be working on getting her to speak more and correctly. It is alot of work on the kids and parents, but research shows that hard of hearing kids need lots of early intervention in order to be mainstreamed later. Amelia was happy to go this morning. At the luncheon, she loved seeing her teacher from last year, Linda, and sat in her lap. I attached some pictures of today.
Scarlett

1 comment: