Let Georgia Hear- I heart my Hearing Aids Campaign

Let Georgia Hear- I heart my Hearing Aids Campaign

Thursday, January 8, 2015

2015..coming in mean!

2015 is coming in mean! I need to give an update/part II  on my last post, "The Slope."  I had told everyone that Amelia had some weird falling episodes and hence we had gone for MRI. The MRI was clean/good! The next step was an EEG which she had.  I added a picture to show you how our "elf on the shelf" came along with us for the test.  She did great and fell asleep for the procedure.  We were told that the results would come in an week.  I knew that with the holidays approaching it was going to be more difficult to get results/answers.  We enjoyed our Christmas and counted our blessings.  The Monday after Christmas I called the neurologist to see if results from EEG were in.  The nurse said that the doctor was due to read them Wednesday.  I hung up the phone and then it hit me.  Wait...Wednesday is New Year's Eve.  New Year's Eve is the anniversary of the ABR and finding out about Amelia's hearing loss. If you really know me then you know that I am superstitious.  I got paranoid.

New Year's Eve- 2014- Late morning- I got a call from the neurologist's office.  The nurse said that Amelia's EEG was good!  I was very happy and asked if we needed to do anything else.  The nurse said to follow up in 6 weeks. I started texting friends and even put this on facebook: 
"5 years ago today our lives changed with the BAD news of Amelia's hearing loss. Ironically, a few minutes ago, we got the GOOD news that Amelia's eeg was normal!! We will still check with ent and eye doctors, but the major scare is over for now!!! ‪#‎happynewyear." 

New Year's Eve-2014-Late Afternoon-My cell phone rings and I look down and see that it is from the neurologist's office??  I pick up and the same nurse from the morning said, "the doctor now wants to do a 24 hour EEG."  I was confused & shocked.  I started questioning her, what do you mean? You just called me this morning and said everything was good..have a great life and now you are calling to say let's explore more?  She said everything was good with the eeg, but she could not explain why the change.  I hung up the phone and I got pissed!!  I felt that was so unprofessional.  And here it was about to be a holiday and the office would be closed so I could not call back for answers.  We had a good New Year's eve...it could have been better...I felt like Amelia was ok, but I was mad about that 2nd phone call.

New Year's Day- 2015-The twist-I woke up and sat up in bed.  A pain hit my chest like never before.  I layed back down and thought what was that?  I waited then got back up and went downstairs. More symptoms developed throughout the day as I laid on the couch.   You know.. those textbook symptoms of a heart attack...except I kept telling myself, I am 36...I can't be having heart problems!  Late afternoon, I decided to be safe than sorry so we went to prompt care. Prompt care sent me to the emergency room.  The works happened: EKG, CT scan, chest x-ray, blood work, GI cocktails.  They discharged me with no real answer, a prescription for steroids & muscle relaxants thinking maybe I have a pinched nerve.  I am on day 8 with same symptoms.  I have gone to my primary doctor who ran more bloodwork and ordered another heart/lung scan.  He started me 2 days ago on nerve medicine so I hope we are narrowing down the cause to neuro/muscular. So I have had to put Amelia's story on hold.  Yesterday, I did talk to her ent and her pediatrician.  They felt like she is ok.  We will look into the 24 hour eeg in the future.  Hoping 2015 will stop being mean!


No comments:

Post a Comment