Let Georgia Hear- I heart my Hearing Aids Campaign

Let Georgia Hear- I heart my Hearing Aids Campaign

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Silent Night




Christmas is upon us again. I am a picture freak....I change pictures for every season. This week I have been looking at last year's Christmas pictures so I can print and put around the house. When I saw the pictures of Amelia last Christmas it made me sad. At the time we did not know for sure if she could hear or not. I just think about all the events and days that she sat through in silence. I distinctly remember Christmas Eve service. Peter was holding her and as the church sang Christmas songs we looked for any response from Amelia. One song in particular has become very personal for me....SILENT NIGHT. Amelia's first Christmas was a silent night. WHile I am thankful for her hearing aids now it still hurts to know she could not hear.
On another note, Peter and I want to one day be able to have a charity that helps hearing impaired kids get hearing aids quickly. They are very expensive and insurance companies do not cover most of the bills because they consider it "cosmetic". MAYBE ONE DAY THERE WILL BE NO MORE SILENT NIGHTS!
Scarlett Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment