Let Georgia Hear- I heart my Hearing Aids Campaign

Let Georgia Hear- I heart my Hearing Aids Campaign

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Brother Sister Bond


We found out some more shocking and painful news. Colin, our oldest child, has high frequency bilateral sensorineural hearing loss. It is the same type as Amelia's but not as bad. He should not have to wear hearing aids unless his hearing gets worse. We are going to look into speech for him and he is going to get his tongue clipped. We took him and Kendall into the ENT doctor to get checked for hearing in light of Amelia's situation. We were a little concerned with his speech, but were not worried about his hearing...so it came as a shock. This blow has been harder for me to take in some ways because I feel guilty that he is 4 y old and we missed it. Kendall is going to be rechecked in 6 weeks. She could not be confirmed as normal hearing for sure b/c she had fluid on one ear, but it looks positive.

Dear Amelia,
I always wanted an older brother. In fact, if you ask your Grandmother she will tell you that I often asked her to adopt one. I thought it would be cool to have someone that would always look out for me. Someone I could hang with and annoy. You get this wish of mine! In some ways I feel like maybe God made Colin to have this hearing issue so that someone would be able to have some sort of glimpse into your world. Colin is a good brother to you. I hope this special brother-sister bond you have will comfort both of you in times of trouble. One of mommy's favorite songs comes to mind by John Lennon.
"When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, Let It Be

And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, Let It Be

Let It Be, Let It Be
Let It Be, Let It Be
Whisper words of wisdom, Let It Be

And when the broken hearted people
Living in the world agree
There will be an answer, Let It Be........."
Love,
Mommy (scarlett)

1 comment: