Amelia has moderate-severe bilateral sensorineural hearing loss. The purpose of this blog is to update friends and family of our journey.
Let Georgia Hear- I heart my Hearing Aids Campaign
Monday, October 8, 2012
First, Last, & Moving On
This week was marked with many events for Amelia. It was her first week to mainstream into Kenan. Until now, Amelia has been in the Hamm Center only for therapy and learning. She will go two days a week to Kenan, which is a mainstream preschool that is housed in the Atlanta Speech School. This will help her when she eventually moves from the Speech School to her regular public school to be with her brother and sister. Another event that happened this week was that it was her last week with Georgia Pines and Babies Cant Wait program. When a child turns 3, they are released to the public school system for any speech therapy needs. I have attached a picture of Amelia and Pamela, our Ga Pines advisor, they were together for 3 years. Pamela helped us so much with emotions, questions, and advocacy. Amelia turned 3 this week!! She had donuts in her classroom in Hamm for her birthday. Life sure is moving on. For me personally, my journey and bond began with Amelia the day that I sat pregnant with Amelia and I held my grandmother's hand as she passed away. I believe that part of her spirit entered into my unborn child. Sometimes I look in my rear view mirror at Amelia and I smile and say, Hello Grandmother. Some days are still tough, some days are great, but above all, I have come to realize that Amelia came into our life with a purpose and a plan that is slowly unveiling itself every day. Happy Birthday Amelia- Love Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment