Let Georgia Hear- I heart my Hearing Aids Campaign

Let Georgia Hear- I heart my Hearing Aids Campaign

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Santa Smile




A crystal clear moment. The I get it , I got it..I fully comprehend what I have named "The Santa Smile."
Christmas is a time were kids write wants and dreams on letters to Santa. Adults become more aware of their wants vs. needs and recalculate how to make their kids' dreams become reality. The world believes that if miracles are possible then they will surely happen during this season. Children smile at Santa because he represents magic and hope to them. Adults fake smile at Santa and wonder how they will give their kids what this jolly man promises:). Kids smile when they are happy and frown when they are sad. Kids tell you the truth.......they tell you like it is. With Adults there is a grey area. Now as an adult I am starting to understand why some smiles have to be The Santa Smile. You know..the smile that is not about you, it's the smile you give for someone else's happiness.
One example of a santa smile is when Colin went to Kindergarten. I smiled at the bus stop that first day even though I was crushed on the inside. Colin needed me to smile even though I did not want to. A father will give a Santa smile to his kids while wondering how he will pay bills and get presents. A mother will give a santa smile because it is required of her...it's her job to be the comforter. The day you have to give that smile is the day you grow up and understand the heart and you understand love. If there is anything to learn in this holiday season it is that it's not always about the getting but the giving. The giving of not only presents, but giving of the heart, giving of your self, and most importanly the clarity of when to give the santa smile. It's a famous smile that requires reflection and wisdom. Parents have mastered this smile:) However, I must also add to not forget to appreciate the real smiles.......the real moments of joy....after all this season is about peace, love, and joy. -----Scarlett

No comments:

Post a Comment